Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Valued Patients and Referring Offices:
At NHOMS and PDOMS, our patients and their health have always been and will continue to be our top priority. We are now in the midst of a coronavirus epidemic, a national emergency. This is a shared burden as a nation and one that requires new and different behavior from all of us. Due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and its impact in our local, national and global community, it is our responsibility as dental and health care providers to do our part to prevent the spread of this disease. Based on the guidelines published by the CDC, WHO and our professional organizations (ADA, AAOMS), effective March 17th, 2020, we are delaying all elective surgical procedures and consultations until April 6th, 2020. We are doing everything to accommodate our patients as we plan to resume a regular schedule as soon as possible.
While we are rescheduling elective procedures, we will remain open for emergency care. To our referring doctors, if you have decided to close your offices we are happy to help triage and treat your emergency patients. Any patient who has an infection, pain, facial swelling, or facial trauma will be seen immediately in our Nashua or Manchester offices.
We continue to maintain strict infection control protocols, as we always have, but we are implementing additional measures to protect our patients and staff:
- Screening of patients, staff, and doctors for potential exposure to COVID-19 or who have symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone who has exposure to COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 will be restricted from our offices and referred to their primary care doctors for further evaluation.
- Temperature measurement of patients scheduled for treatment
- Staggered scheduling of patients to prevent increasing numbers of people in common areas
- Asking family members/escorts to wait in their car to prevent increased numbers of individuals in the waiting room
- Mandating non-contact protocols and social distancing
- Scheduled hourly office disinfection
We look forward to helping our community in this difficult time. If you have any questions please contact our office.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: